1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet
in the air.
2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in North
3. There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in North
Carolina, plus a couple no one's seen before.
4. Unknown critters love to dig holes under tomato plants.
5. Raccoons will test your crop of melons and let you know
when they are ripe.
6. If it grows, it's a sticks. If it crawls; it bites.
7. A tractor is not an all-terrain vehicle..
8. Onced and Twiced are words.
9. It's not a shopping cart. It's a buggy.
10. People actually grow and eat okra.
11. "Fixinto" is one word.
12. There's no such thing as "lunch." There's
only dinner and then there's supper.
13. Sweet Tea is appropriate for all meals . . . and you start
drinking it when you're two.
14. Backwards and forwards means, "I know everything
15. "Jeet?" is actually a phrase meaning "Did
16: Farm and labor workers don't need a watch. They work until
they're done or until it's too dark to see.
You know you were born in North Carolina
if . . .
1. You measure distance in minutes.
2. You had to switch your thermostat from Heat to Air on the
3. You know what a 'tar heel' is.
4. You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with
no one in it, no matter what time of the year.
5. You use "fix" as a verb. Example:
"I am fixing to go to the store."
6. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit,
vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
7. You install security lights on your house and garage . .
. and then leave them both unlocked.
8. You carry jumper cables in your car . . . for your own car.
9. You know what "cow tipping" is.
10. You only own four spices: salt, pepper, Texas Pete, and
11. The local papers cover national and international news
on one page, but require six pages for local gossip and sports.
12. You think that the first day of deer season is a national
13. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit "a little warm."
14. You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still
summer, and Christmas.
15. You know whether another North Carolinian is from east,
west, or middle North Carolina as soon as they open their mouth
or by the barbecue they eat.
16. Going to Wal-Mart is a favorite passed time known as "Goin'
Wal-Martin" or off to "Wally World."
17. You describe the first cool snap (below 70 > degrees)
as good pinto-bean weather.
18. Fried Catfish is the other white meat.